Tribunal upheld Mansur Manu Soro victory

The National Assembly Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Bauchi has upheld the Election of Member Representing Darazo/Ganjuwa Federal Constituency, Hon. Mansur Manu Soro.
In a Facebook post by the Member in the early hours of Friday August 30.

He said "My counsel just informed me that the National Assembly Election Petition Tribunal (NAEPT) sitting in Bauchi has upheld my election as Member of the federal parliament this morning. The judgement is a victory for democracy and the good people of Darazo/Ganjuwa federal constituency''.

Soro commended the Tribunal for standing with the truth and justice in regards to the verdict.

''The tribunal deserves commendation for standing with the truth and administering justice on the matter. Nigerians irrespective of tribe, region or religion must continue to encourage the judiciary to remain what its- an impartial umpire, guardian of the constitution and arbiter of disputes''.

He called on his opponent and his supporters to join hand with him in moving the Constituency forward.

''I wish to extend the olive branch to my friend and brother Honorable Dayyabu Ciroma of the PRP to join me in confronting myriads of challenges facing Darazo and Ganjuwa Local Government Areas. 

I wish to reaffirm my covenant with my constituents to serve and not to be served and that my personal entitlement as member squarely belongs to them, Insha Allah''.


Post a Comment

0 Comments